A little produce from the garden!! :)

Saturday, April 2, 2011

cheap recipes

I thought it would be great in these economic times to exchange recipes to save money. I have a 4 day dinner that saved me a ton while I was raising kids lol  first day I made a big pot of beans and we had beans and cornbread for dinner....cos about 3 dollars to feed a family of 5. Next day I mashed some of em and made burritos out of em....cost about 3 dollars again....next day I turned the rest of em into chili.....and served again with cornbread...cos about 5 dollars....then last day I used the chili to make enchilada's and made mex. rice to go with it. cost about 5 bucks. So you have 4 nites....feeding 5 for 16.00. Top it!! lol I also make chicken soup with cornbread for about 3 dollars. If u want recipes let me know and I will post em.

No comments:

Post a Comment